Thursday, March 28, 2013

CLUSTERFUCK

Yeah, I got nothin today.  But if you click here, there is a cheap-assed excuse, and a picture of my kitty eating a grape freezer pop!

Read on, o ye faithful!


So it's Thursday.  A day I usually do an editorial, or a review, or something different.  But I have to be honest?  I got nothin.  I've already done two reviews this week, and frankly Bioshock Infinite has pretty much owned my soul since monday night.   I'm already well into my second playthrough, because the ending was such a mindfuck that I want to re-watch the game armed with my new knowledge.  This isn't just a new game to me.  This is a game I've been following and salivating over for two years.  I wrote a spoileriffic analysis of the ending last night for today's article, but I am holding off on it.  I think it's way too soon for readers, and I think I want to percolate a little more.  The game has only been out for two and a half days; maybe next week.

I had a couple of articles in the pipeline for this week, but the only one that was even close to ready has been rendered moot; it was an overview of the PS3 beta for Defiance, the new MMO shooter that coincides with the new Syfy TV show of the same name.  But it wasn't finished, and when I went to go play some more of the beta to solidify my opinions, I found out that the beta is over.  The game comes out next week.  Honestly?   It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.  I generally find reviews are best when you feel strongly one way or the other; it's really hard to write a solid, compelling review when your emotions can best be summed up as "meh".  The game was pretty generic.

But I've been working on other stuff.  The twitter and the Facebook page are both going very strong, and the YouTube channel topped 100 subscribers this week, so I'm pretty excited about that!  But this week is just a little bit of a stumble, that's all.  A lot of it, as I said, is Bioshock related.  This is the kind of game I call off work for and put life on hold for a week.  I do this maybe once or twice a year; I'll do it again for GTA V in the fall.  This time I'll think ahead, and write some articles ahead of time.

So yeah, tonight I'll be recording a new Youtube video, most likely another in the Planet Explorers Let's Play series, though I also really want to kick off my indie spotlights.  I've been squeezing in time for an incredibly fun little game called Stealth Bastard Deluxe that I'd like to show off.

Next week I promise we'll be back to our regularly scheduled stuff!   Until then, here's my other kitty, getting devoured by a plush headcrab from Half-Life.




No comments:

Post a Comment