Saturday, January 7, 2012

PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE

So I've been spending a lot of my time gaming lately, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking about what kind of things I really want in this blog.  I have said I'm not going to be a review site or a news site, specifically, but I definitely want to have content that people will want to read.  So what can I do to really make things interesting?


First of all, I've decided in a way, to rescind my whole "not going to do reviews" statement.  I just don't think I'll be doing reviews of the latest and greatest games.  Frankly, I can't afford to buy all of the newest games right as they come out, nor do I have time to play them enough to get a really solid review.  Maybe if this blog inexplicably takes off and I make enough money to quit my day job (well...night job, technically), then I'll focus on the new and the now.  I don't see that happening quite yet.

Instead, what I'd really like to do is start reviewing older or more obscure games.  Stuff you may not have played, games you missed in previous gaming generations.  Or maybe games you did play, but forgot about.  I'd also like to review indie titles that may fly under the radar.  They're often very affordable on various online clients, especially when Humble Bundles come out.

That said, if I play a new game I'm not going to pretend it didn't exist.  I'm all for posting about something if I played it and have a strong opinion on it.  I know I could write a long post on how much I loathed Skyward Sword, or how I just don't understand the hate for Dead Island, which I found to be a ton of fun.  Thanks to the Steam Holiday Sales, I have enough 2011 games to last me through all of 2012.

I've also started a new Imgur account under this name, where I plan on dumping a lot of screenshots that I take (often with witty captions or comments), as well as various gaming pics I find around the interwebs.  I'm a notorious Redditor, so I promise to say "Found on Reddit" rather than falsely claiming it to be original content. 

Beyond that, I'm still sort of charting directions for this ship.  I'd like to get a regular schedule going, so I have something for my future readers to count on.  But if you're reading this, then I'd absolutely love feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment