Friday, January 20, 2012

RESIDENT EVIL 6 TRAILER UNLEASHED

Fuck.   YES.  

Resident Evil 6 Official Trailer

This is the first time I've really been excited about a Resident Evil release.



I've got to admit, I never was a big Resident Evil fan, until fairly late in the game.  I played the first one, but always found Silent Hill more compelling.  The cheesy B-movie factor just didn't do it for me.  I played a bit of 2 and 3, but they just didn't get me excited.  The story was solid, but I couldn't get past the clunky, awkward "tank" gameplay.  

When Resident Evil 4 came out, I only played the demo.  I got slaughtered left and right by the villagers, and I got frustrated.  It wasn't until I got my hands on Resident Evil 5 that I actually played all the way through a RE game.  I liked it; it took me some time to get into it, and the ending was pretty stupid, but overall I dug it.  I liked it enough to go back and pick up a copy of RE4 and give it another shot.

I was blown away.  Once I got the hang of the villagers, I completely and utterly fell in love with the game.  Not necessarily enough to go back and play through the old RE games (I tried...just can't do it, sorry), but love nonetheless. The story was fantastic, the gameplay balanced, the puzzles intriguing without being insulting, and it was just the perfect length where I didn't feel shorted and didn't feel like it dragged.

So I guess I love the NEW Resident Evils.  And I gotta say, this new trailer gives me a huge gaming boner.  Can't wait to get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment