Thursday, January 31, 2013

ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME

I have to share this two-part video with you all.  As you know, I'm pretty fond of hearing myself talk, but this guy...this guy says everything I could possibly say and more.  I've loved this video for a long time now, and share it with friends often.  This game is one of my most beloved and cherished games, because it's so amazingly bad, but still manages to be some of the most fun I've had playing a video game. 

Once again, not my video...but that of someone who is of like minds with me on this game (Part 2 of the video after the break).


And Part 2 of the video:


Seriously, if you ever see this game sitting on the shelf at Gamestop or something?  GRAB IT.  I guarantee it will be less than $20 (I usually see it fluctuate between $13 and $17), and you will get your money's worth. 

Just don't grab the poorly conceived sequel, Insect Armageddon.  It's not a terrible game, but it's not really worth playing.  2017 is lightning in a bottle....IA desperately tries to recreate it, and fails miserably.  It's like they were trying too hard to capture the cheese and schlocky B-movie charm, but also make it a game that could keep up with AAA titles, and that just doesn't work.  It's like a cult classic film...they just happen.  You can't make it happen.  Movies that set out to be cult classics never really become cult classics.


No comments:

Post a Comment